Illinois Tollway to Giveaway 15,000 Trees on Friday
If you plan on traveling on any of Illinois' tollways on Friday, you can get a free tree.
The Illinois Tollway has announced that it is giving away 15,000 trees to motorists.
Friday is Arbor Day and in conjunction with the Morton Arboretum, anyone who stops into any of the seven Illinois Tollway Oasis locations or the tollways Downers Grove headquarters, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. can get a free tree seedling.
The Tollway will offer a variety of species that grow well in Northern Illinois along with information for planting and care provided by The Morton Arboretum.
The Illinois Tollway system is in the process of developing a system wide landscape master plan for trees, shrubs and other native plantings on Tollway properties and Tollway headquarters. The tollway wants to encourage all motorists to do the same.
The trees will be given out at these locations on Friday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Belvidere Oasis Belvidere East of Belvidere Toll Plaza
- Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88)
- DeKalb Oasis DeKalb West of the Peace Road exit
- Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis South Holland West of Illinois Route 394
- Hinsdale Oasis Hinsdale North of I-55
- O'Hare Oasis Schiller Park South of Irving Park Road
- Lake Forest Oasis Lake Forest Between Illinois Routes 60 and 176
- Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90)
- Des Plaines Oasis Des Plaines North of O'Hare Airport