Illinois State Police Providing Free Child Identification Cards This Summer
The Illinois State Police and the Illinois Tollway are teaming up for family fun and safety across Illinois this summer.
K.I.S.S. isn't just a rock and roll band anymore... it's also stands for the Kids
Identification and Safety Seat events that will be held across Northern Illinois.
According to the Press Release from the Illinois Tollway, eleven events are scheduled for this summer.
At the K.I.S.S. events, Illinois State Police District 15 will be providing children ages 3 and up with free kids' ID cards. They will also help install and inspect child safety seats.
The child's fingerprints and photographs will be taken by specialized professionals and two personal identification cards will be provided. One to keep at home and one for parents/guardians/babysitters to carry.
Keep in mind, all information provided for the identification card will be deleted as soon as the cards are issued. The Illinois Tollway and Illinois State Police will NOT keep the information.
Along with identification cards and car seat inspections, there will also be other activities for kids.
There will be a demonstration of the importance of wearing a seat belt with the Illinois State Police's Roll 15 Rollover Simulator and a Convincer Crash Simulator.
There will be the Touch-a-Truck display of the Tollway H.E.L.P. truck, a snowplow and Police vehicles. Games, refreshments and more will be on hand.
Events Scheduled are as follows:
- Saturday, May 21: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Alsip (M-1) maintenance site
- Friday, June 3: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. KeyLime Cove in Gurnee
- Saturday, July 2: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Kohl Children’s Museum in Glenview
- Saturday, July 16: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Hinsdale Oasis
- Wednesday, July 20: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Magic Waters Waterpark in Cherry Valley
- Saturday, July 23: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Ikea Bolingbrook
- Saturday, July 30: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. DuPage Children’s Museum in Naperville
- Saturday, August 20: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Lake Forest Oasis
- Saturday, September 3: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Discovery Center Museum in Rockford
- Saturday, September 10: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Ikea Schaumburg
- Saturday, September 24: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Family Safety Fair in Downers Grove
For more information, visit HERE.