Illinois State Football Coach Talks Rockford With Double T
Double T had the chance to talk with Illinois State University Head Football Coach and Rockford Native, Brock Spack, about the Redbirds connection with the Forest City.
I'm a proud alumni of Illinois State University and all about the Redbirds.
Unfortunately, when I went to school there, the football team wasn't very good. It was all about basketball.
When they hired Brock Spack to be the head coach, I was very excited. I knew changes were coming. Now the team has state of the art facilities and a successful program.
I've gotten to know Coach Spack through the years. He's a great guy and always willing to talk about Redbird football.
Another great thing about Brock is he's a Rockford native. He grew up here going to Lincoln Middle School and East High School.
With the season kicking off this Saturday night at 6:30 in Normal vs Butler, I had a chance to chat with him. Here's the interview if you missed it.
Video: Illinois State University Football Head Coach Brock Spack talks Rockford Connection to the Redbirds.
Some of the topics we discussed.
- The start of the upcoming season and getting ready for it with new NCAA rules.
- The Rockford area kids that are going to make an impact on the team this year.
- The Redbird and Rockford connection.
- His experience growing up, going to school, and playing sports here.
- The changes at ISU and the football program.
- Former Illinois State player and now Chicago Bears, Cameron Meredith
- Advice for high school athletes looking to play at the next level.
- Plus, other fun things.
I hope you enjoy my conversation with Brock Spack. He is definitely someone we should be proud of in Rockford.
Video: 10 Tough Questions Answered About Steph