Illinois Dad Busted Delivering Cocaine, With a Gun and Small Child in Car
Javier Franco of Wheeling, Illinois was arrested for attempting to deliver cocaine while driving with a 9mm pistol and a small child in his car. LakeCountyIL
This pullover and arrest was part of a several month investigations. After stopping the vehicle and allowing K-9 "Zeus" to do his thing, there was quite a bit found to start this process.
There was over 85 grams of cocaine in the vehicle and a 9mm pistol. The small child was removed from the car, and detectives waited for a family member to come get the child.
This arrest led authorities back to Mr. Franco's home, where cops found the motherload.
Sheriff’s Special Investigations Group conducted a search warrant at Javier's home, and found 550 grams of cocaine and two more guns.
“This is yet another impressive investigation and apprehension of a drug trafficker operating their business in Lake County. SIG, which is a collaboration of countywide and federal law enforcement, supported by HIDTA, took another three illegally possessed firearms off the street along with over a pound of cocaine during this operation.” - Sheriff John D. Idleburg
The charges against Mr. Franco are as follows:
- Armed Violence (Class X Felony)
- Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Deliver (Class X Felony)
- Three Counts of Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance (Class X Felonies)
- Three Counts of Aggravated Unlawful Possession of a Weapon (Class 2 Felonies)
- Two counts of Child Endangerment (Class A Misdemeanors)
How To Find Out If You Have Unclaimed Money or Property in Illinois