How to Make Pickles, Lori Tries It! [VIDEO]
You know what's hilarious about this entire thing, I don't even like pickles. I HATE pickles. I actually have a fear of pickles. Pickle-a-phobia if you want to call it that.
My husband on the other hand loves them. I've been trying my hand at gardening this year and I have an abundance of cucumbers.
I put my fears aside and made them for the first time.
I found the easiest recipe on the container of Ball Kosher Pickle Mix that I picked up at the grocery store. It could not have been easier than purchasing a jar of pickles.
All you need are some cucumbers (I used 4), water, vinegar and pickle mix. Don't forget jars to put them in!
(This makes two quarts of pickles)
- Cut off the ends of the pickles and cut them into spears.
- Combine 2 cups of water, 1 cup of 5% acidity vinegar, and 1/4 cup of Ball Kosher Dill Pickle mix.
- Bring water and seasoning mixture to a boil.
- Pour the hot mixture over the cucumber spears in a large glass bowl.
- Let it all cool to room temperature, which should take about 30 minutes.
- Pack the spears into jars.
- Pour remaining liquid into the jars.
For the best flavor, keep the jars in the refrigerator for 3 weeks before eating. When refrigerated, your pickles will last for up to 3 months for your enjoyment.
I tried it, and it worked! They were loved by all!