How To Celebrate Halloween At Work
Halloween is on a Wednesday this year, so here are some ways you might be able to enjoy it while you're at work.
I have a friend that loves Halloween. It's his favorite holiday. When it lands on a weekday, he gets bummed out because his boss won't let him celebrate at work. He usually tries to take that day off.
Maybe, you're a big fan of Halloween too. If you want to try and participate in the day at work, here are some ideas that might help.
"Unique and interesting ideas for celebrating Halloween at work that you can throw together yourself and few of your favorite coworker friends, or suggest to the right people in your company."
- Themed potluck - Food is always a great way to party at work.
- Giving back - Do something for the community or a charity.
- Bring your kids, pets, or family to work day - A good way for everyone to get to know each other better.
- Grown-up trick or treat - Each department has candy to hand out when someone from another area comes to visit.
- Halloween themed games - A professional way to enjoy the holiday.
- Play guess who - Hang up pictures of all the employees when they were kids dressed up in costumes and people have to figure out which one is which.
I'm sure you would like to figure out how to dress up for Halloween at work too.
According to thisisinsider.com,
"How to choose a Halloween costume that's appropriate for work."
- Talk to your manager - In a case like this, it's definitely better to be safe than sorry.
- Make sure your costume doesn't interfere with your job - If you're wearing something big and bulky, it's probably not going to work if you have to move around all day.
- Check the calendar - It's not recommended to dress up when you have a big meeting with an important client.
- Bring a change of clothes - You never know if a situation comes up where you need to look professional.
- Be sensitive to your co-workers - Don't come in so scary you frighten your fellow employees.
- Don't force someone to dress up - Not everybody enjoys doing it, so don't harass people that don't.
If you follow these simple rules, you should have a fun Halloween at work.
Do you celebrate the holiday at your work?
Video: How to Look Like Alice Cooper