Enjoy The Spring Weather At These 10 Botanic Gardens in Illinois
The first day of Spring is almost here. We can officially declare Winter is over this Saturday, March 20!
When Spring is finally here, what will you do to embrace it? You could do some spring cleaning, get your yard looking right, or even finally turning off the heat and opening some windows.
A great way to enjoy spring finally being here is by taking advantage of all the awesome botanical gardens we have in Illinois. When I think spring, I think flowers!
Here's 10 Botanic Gardens in Illinois you can visit this spring -
1. Klehm Arboretum and Botanic Garden, Rockford - Check out the largest public garden in Winnebago County with 155 acres of trees and several gardens that will be filled with hundreds of plant and flower species come spring.
2. Luthy Botanical Garden, Peoria - This garden has 5.5 acres filled with 15 themed gardens, a conservatory that features tropical plants, and educational tours and programs.
3. Mandala Gardens, Marion - If you're looking for a unique garden with hidden pathways, labyrinths, and more, this is it.
4. Washington Park Botanical Garden, Springfield - You can walk through the Rose Garden with over 5,000 plants and learn about some of the more than 1200 species of plants that are found around the 20 acres here.
5. Morton Arboretum, Lisle - Enjoy the 16-miles of scenic trails at the 1,700-acre flower filled arboretum.
6. Quad City Botanical Center, Rock Island - There's fun for the whole family with outdoor gardens like the Children's Garden, butterfly garden, a seasonal garden train, and a greenhouse.
7. The Gardens at SIUE, Edwardsville - This garden has a 35-acre public garden with natural areas, flowers, flowering trees, bridges, and outdoor sculptures.
8. Lake Katherine Nature Center & Botanic Gardens, Palos Heights - Check out woods, prairie, a 10-acre lake, waterfall, and gardens found at this 85-acre nature center.
9. Lilacia Park, Lombard - They've got an 8.5-acre park with stunning lilac and tulip gardens.
10. Chicago Botanic Garden, Glencoe - This Chicago garden is on 385 acres of land, six miles of shoreline, and nine islands and is accredited by the American Association of Museums.
Keep this list handy for some outdoor fun all spring and summer!