Camp Under the Stars, Near Waterfalls at These Sites in Wisconsin
Each summer my family spends a lot of our time in Wisconsin. That being said, I'm always looking for new things to see and do, new adventures to go on when we're up North. I came across an idea on travelwisconsin.com that had even me, the total non-camper, wanting to buy a tent and spend some nights under the stars.
If you're an avid camper you might already know about these "waterfall camping" sites in Wisconsin, and I would LOVE to hear your reviews, but if your idea of camping runs closer to "glamping" like me, all of these camping sites offer options we will like too.
Where To Find Wisconsin's Waterfalls
Wisconsin is actually home to many different waterfalls, but here are some campsites that will basically put you a hop, skip and a short hike away from the perfect vacay selfie opportunity.
- Pattison State Park in Superior, WI - Travel Wisconsin says this park is home to the state's largest waterfall, Big Manitou Falls, which is just a 5 minute walk from the main (and modern) campground. If you're up for a longer hike, you can also visit Little Manitou Falls to take in more spectacular views.
- Governor Dodge State Park in Dodgeville, WI - Besides beautiful waterfall views, Travel Wisconsin says Governor Dodge is also home to 2 lakes with swimming areas and 40 miles of hiking trails. The park also has 2 different campgrounds you can stay at.
- Amnicon Falls State Park in South Range, WI - Travel Wisconsin says this park features a "series of delightful waterfalls and rapids along the Amnicon River". The park has one "rustic" campground option to stay at.
- Lake of the Falls in Mercer, WI - Travel Wisconsin says there are three camping options within the park, but "the Quiet Side sites are arguably best with rustic sites right at the water’s edge".
- Marinette County Waterfalls in Marinette, WI - If you want to spend some quality time with a whole bunch of waterfalls, Travel Wisconsin says this "Waterfall Capital of Wisconsin" has 14 of them, plus several different campgrounds/styles to choose from.
- Copper Falls State Park in Mellen, WI - Travel Wisconsin says a one mile hike from the campground will take you past 2 beautiful waterfalls.
Sounds like a lot of beauty awaits us in Wisconsin this summer!