7 Things You Didn’t Know About ‘Friends’
Binge watching 'Friends' on Netflix has become my every day activity.
I have to be honest with you, I was never a big 'Friends' fan. Two of my dear close friends are the biggest fans of the show ever. They can quote every line, have shrines to Jennifer Aniston's hair and have seen every single episode at least ten times. I on the other hand wrote a persuasive speech in college about how I think Jennifer Aniston is the devil.
Since Netflix has released the entire series, I decided to give it a try. I mean, what is the fuss all about? Now that I'm halfway through season 4, I'm hopping on the 'Friends' bandwagon. Don't get me wrong, I still don't like Jennifer Aniston.
I searched far and wide, on IMDb, for trivia facts. I do this with everything I binge watch. I realized when I shared this information, my girlfriends didn't know these facts about 'Friends' and maybe you didn't know it either?
- "When Matt LeBlanc auditioned for the role he only had $11 dollars to his name. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing that Courteney Cox bought was a car. Matt LeBlanc bought a hot dinner."
- "No Friend ever made more money doing the show than any others. They started out making $22,500 per episode and ended up making $1,000,000 per episode. All negotiations were done in unison. Kudrow said, "The six of us are far stronger than just one person.""
- "Before the show was cast, the main love interest was intended to be Monica and Joey."
- "The original idea for the show was going to focus on four characters with Phoebe and Chandler in supporting roles. In the early stages the creators toyed with the idea of Chandler being gay. They changed their mind when they met Matthew Perry. They did, however, insert many jokes about Chandler having gay mannerisms (not knowing about sports, loving show tunes, etc.)"
- "Joey's statue of a white dog was originally given to Jennifer Aniston as a good luck present from her best friend when she started acting. She offered to lend it to the show for the episode where Joey became rich and bought a lot of stuff. After that episode, the producers decided to keep it."
- "The main characters from the show are named after All My Children (1970) characters. Ross for Ross Chandler, Joey for Joey Martin, Chandler for the Chandler family, Monica for Monique/Daisy Cortland, Rachel Greene for Janet Green, and Phoebe for Phoebe Tyler Wallingford."
- "In most episodes, the word "friend" or friends" is said at least once."
See! Now you can say that you know everything there is to know about 'Friends!'