6 Guinness World Records Held in Illinois
Our own Blosom the cow won the title of the World's Tallest Cow, but that isn't the only record that has been set in Illinois.
According to a list on Estately.com, five other records are held here in Illinois!
1. The World's Smallest Cat: The adorable little kitty is from Taylorville. Scott Forbes is the owner of Tinker Toy the cat, which is 2.75 inches tall and 7.5 inches long at full grown. Tinker Toy is a male blue point Himalayan-Persian. Tinker Toy sadly passed away in 1997.
2. Most People Husking Corn: This record was organized by the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign in 2012. They successfully had 3,463 husking corn at once.
3. Tallest Man: The tallest man in recorded history is the famous Robert Wadlow from Alton. He stood an incredible 8 feet 11.1 inches high, wore a size 25 ring and ate 8,000 calories a day.
4. Largest Popcorn Ball: The largest popcorn ball must have been quite the team building exercise in 2006. In Lake Forest, the employees at The Popcorn Factory made the largest popcorn ball which weighed 3,423 pounds.
5. Largest Square Dance: 800 Yorkville Middle School kids danced their hearts out in 100 squares of 8 people each in 2011, setting the record for the largest square dance.