5 Things I Learned About The Polar Plunge
Saturday I jumped into freezing water for Special Olympics, and I can't wait to do it again next year.
I was asked by members of The Rockford Police Department to participate in the 2016 Polar Plunge, and man did I have a great time.
I had great friends come out and support me, the water was FREEZING, and the support for an event like this in our community is amazing.
Here are 5 Things I Learned About The Polar Plunge:
- When you see Firefighters chopping ice, you know it's going to be cold
- No matter how quickly you run and jump into the water, it doesn't make it any warmer
- Being completely underwater when the water is that cold, takes your breath away
- Sitting on a school bus afterwards not exactly the best idea, legs cramped up bad
- When The Rockford Police Department asks you to do something you do it
I can't wait to do this again next year, it is a little insane but how do you not have a blast doing something so crazy.