Rockford’s Top 10 Highest Paid City Employees for 2018
The City of Rockford pays well if you land the right job. Yes, six-figure salaries are all over the newest report. Public service does pay.
The 2018 final salary report is out and we have the numbers. The report details the final salary figures for the calendar year of 2017. Surprise! Mayor McNamara does not make the most money. We now know who does.
Illinois law requires that information related to salaries and benefits paid to government workers be made public and the City Of Rockford publishes these numbers.
The recently released 2018 salary and wage report has the final numbers for the calendar year 2017. It is absolutely amazing to see how many employees, whose salaries are paid by taxpayer dollars, made over $100,000.00 a year.
The highest paid employee is Rockford Fire Chief Derek Bergsten earned a whopping $224,204 in salary and benefits.
Here are Rockford's Top 10 paid employees for 2017 (Wages and benefits):
1. BERGSTEN, DEREK - FIRE CHIEF $224,204
2. O'SHEA, DANIEL - POLICE CHIEF $210,609
3. DRERUP, BRIAN - DIV CHIEF FIRE DEPT $190,178
4. CAGNONI, TODD - CITY ADMINISTRATOR $190,010
5. VERTIZ, ROBERT - DIV CHIEF FIRE TRAINING $189,221
6. MEYER, NICHOLAS - LEGAL DIRECTOR $187,553
7. ACCARD, DANIEL - FIRE DISTRICT CHIEF $186,981
8. KNOTT, MATTHEW - DIV CHIEF FIRE TRAINING $186,275
9. DUNN, MICHAEL - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF RMAP $183,128
10. HOPKINS, DAVID - DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF $181,783
Rockford Mayor Tom McNamara ranks at #12 made $179,230 in wages and benefits in 2017 according to the 2018 report.
You can view the amount EVERY Rockford city employee makes by clicking HERE.