Here’s How To Do Simple Check For Bed Bugs In Your Illinois Hotel
In your Illinois hotel room, here is how to do a simple check for bed bugs.
Going on Vacation And Staying In Hotel Rooms
I really enjoy going on vacation. It's so relaxing to get away from real life for a little while. Of course, it's nice to bring back a souvenir to help me remember that special time.
Unwanted Souvenir From Vacation
There are some things I don't want to bring back. On top of the list is bed bugs. I've heard horror stories of people who have them in their hotel rooms. That would ruin even the best trip.
Is there a way to check for the critters when you arrive?
Luckily, there is. Check out these simple things to do.
Tips For Checking For Bed Bugs
According to thrillist.com,
- Look for discarded insect skin.
- Investigate to find black smudges and white eggs.
- Take a flashlight and inspect the headboard, mattress, and under the bed.
- Check out areas not on the bed like pillows and other furniture.
- Other spots to go over include closet, floorboards, molding, door seals, joints, corners, and drawers.
- Eyeball the nightstand, picture frames, alarm clocks, lampshades, luggage stand, and any other decor.
Those are just the simple steps but for more details, HERE.
Best Advice For Avoiding Bed Bugs
If you want to best advice to avoid bringing bed bugs home from a hotel room, do not put your luggage on the bed.