Here Are The Cooling Spots Around The Rockford Area
As temperatures in and around Rockford keep pushing up toward the century mark, lots of folks are going to need some help to stay cool. Here's where to go.
Going into the weekend we're looking at some of the hottest temperatures we've seen in the Rockford area in a few years.
The mercury may read 96, 97, or even 100 degrees, but when you factor in the humidity, we're looking at heat indices reaching as high as 112 degrees.
Those temperatures can be deadly, so if you or someone you know needs relief, the following area places can be literal lifesavers:
- The Carpenter’s Place: 1149 Railroad Ave., Rockford, Monday-Friday 8:30am-3pm
- Rockford Rescue Mission Sites: Men’s Crisis Center/Women's Crisis Center, 715 W. State St., Rockford, 7am-7pm, seven days a week
- Village of Machesney Park: 300 Roosevelt Road, Machesney Park, Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
- Pecatonica Village Hall: 405 Main Street, Pecatonica, Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- Belvidere Interstate 90 Oasis: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Salvation Army: 422 S. Main Street, Belvidere, Monday-Friday 9am-11:45am & 1pm-4pm