Here Are Social Media Posts That Can Get You Fired or Not Hired
Big Brother and your employer is watching.
Looking for a new gig, or just want to stay at your current one? Think before you push enter people.
According to Career Builder, more than HALF of employers have found social media posts that made them change their mind about you.
Human Resources and your new boss will look at your Facebook, your IG, your Twitter and everything else. If you were a boss would you hire someone that is going off the rails, of the social media crazy train?
Here are the top ten things posted on social media that will make your potential boss, take a hard pass:
- Job candidate posted provocative or inappropriate photographs, videos or information
- Job candidate posted information about them drinking or using drugs
- Job candidate had discriminatory comments related to race, gender, religion, etc.
- Job candidate was linked to criminal behavior
- Job candidate lied about qualifications
- Job candidate had poor communication skill
- Job candidate bad-mouthed their previous company or fellow employee
- Job candidate's screen name was unprofessional
- Job candidate shared confidential information from previous employers
- Job candidate lied about an absence
Post pics of your dinner, your cute puppy, maybe a sunset. You're welcome.