City of Rockford is Hosting a Diaper Drive
Rockford Mayor Tom McNamara and his wife Sarah Reed-McNamara have announced a Diaper Drive to benefit the Head Start program.
Last year the City opened a new Parent and Child Education (PACE) Center as part of the Head Start program. Diapers are the biggest expense for the families that are a part of the program.
The center uses 2,000 diapers a month to help families and this Diaper Drive is to help restock their supply. This will help make sure the center has the diapers they need, along with helping the families involved to take some to use at home.
Sarah Reed-McNamara knows first hand the need for having diapers around:
As parents of two toddlers, we know the importance of early childhood education and the Head Start program,” says Sarah. “We don’t want families to struggle with the basic necessities, so it was important to us to create a diaper drive for our community.”
The Diaper Drive will run February 14-29 and they are for diapers of any size.
You can drop your donation off at one of these local locations:
- City Hall - 425 E. State St.
- YWCA - 4990 E. State St.
- Javon Bea Hospital:Riverside - 8201 E. Riverside Blvd.
- Javon Bea Hospital: Rockton - 2400 N. Rockton Ave.
- Swedish American Hospital - 1401 E. State St.
- Swedish American Creekside Medical Center - 3505 North Bell School Rd.
- OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center - 5666 E. State St. (Main Lobby)