Celebrate National Pig Day In Rockford
Here's your chance to celebrate National Pig Day in Rockford.
If you look you up bizarre and unique holidays, March 1st is National Pig Day.
According to www.DaysoftheYear.com, National Pig Day is a holiday that honors pigs. It's celebrated all over the United States, especially in the Midwest. Illinois is a great place to be for the day. Pork is responsible for $1.9 billion in the state each year.
Here are ways to celebrate Nation Pig Day in Rockford.
1. Support the Pig - Hammy, the Rockford IceHogs mascot, is the most famous pig in Rockford. Unfortunately there is no game, but put on your favorite team gear. If you don't have any, head on down to the BMO there are plenty of options at the team store.
2. Read pig related books - You can head on down to the Rockford Public Library and pick up some great pig themed books like "Charlotte's Web" and "If You Give A Pig A Pancake."
3. Watch a pig themed movie - How about going to Family Video and renting some movies about pigs. You can get "Babe' or any Muppet movie staring Miss Piggy.
4. Listen to some pig music - Check out CD Source and see if they have a copy of "Three Little Pigs" from Green Jelly.
5. Pigs on TV - If you want to stay home, you can check out reruns of Porky Pig on the Cartoon Network.
6. Go see a pig - Go down to the children's farm at Lockwood Park to see a real pig.
7. Buy a pet pig - There are potbelly pigs for sale on Rockford Craigslist.
8. Dress up like a pig - You can rent a pig costume from Rockford Rentals.
9. Drink some pig - Have some King of Pigs beer from Pig Minds Brewing in Machesney Park.
10. Eat some pig - Get yourself a pulled pork sandwich from Smokehouse Barbecue.
I hope you enjoy National Pig Day!
Can I Trump, Tina Fox?