Bring out Your Inner Child Tubing and Hour Away
Nothing wrong with acting like a kid this winter.
I wrote about sledding and amazing toboggan rides in Wisconsin last week. Eagle listener Mark e-mail and said you have to check this place out in Bartlett, IL. So I did some investigative reporting.
Villa Olivia as an hour and six minutes away from Rockford, and offers multiple tubing runs that look amazing. Sure you can bring the kids, but why not pack up a bunch of "adult" friends and road trip for some winter fun.
According to Money Crashers here are 18 things to do as an adult in the snow:
- Go ice skating
- Build a winter bonfire and make s’mores. (and booze)
- Rent some snowshoes.
- Go on beautiful winter hike.
- Take your dog for a walk.
- Cross-country skiing.
- Attend a dog sled race
- Go sledding. (or tubing see above)
- Build a fort and have a snowball fight, that never gets old.
- Take a blanket and a cup of hot cocoa (or booze) and sit outside.
- Shovel paths in the snow. (This is fun?)
- Feed the birds. (guilty)
- Go ice fishing.
- Go on a winter picnic. Take blankets, sandwiches and hot soup in a thermos. (and booze)
- Take pictures of the winter landscape.
- If you live near a big city, set off on foot to explore it.
- Set up an obstacle course in the yard for the kids.
- Make snow paint. Simply add food coloring to water and put in a spray bottle.