A Complete List of 2019 Free Chicago Museum Days
Just because it's winter time and too cold to really do anything with the family outdoors, doesn't mean there's nothing to do.
Planning a trip into Chicago to visit one of the many museums, just might be the perfect cure to wintertime blues. And going when admission is free is even better.
A complete list of the 2019 Free Museum Days has been released and we've got it here for you!
- Adler Planetarium - January: 21-22, 29-31, February: 5-7, 12-14, 18-21, 26-28, April: 2-4, 9-11, June: 3-5, 10-13, September: 5-6, 12-13, 19-20, 26-27, October: 7-9, 14-16, November: 8, 11, December: 2-3, 7, 12-13
- Art Institute of Chicago - Residents of Illinois can get free admission every Thursday 5-8pm. Children under the age of 14, Teens under 18 that live in Chicago, and active duty military along with their family receive free admission on any day of the week.
- Brookfield Zoo - Throughout January and February, anyone can enjoy free admission every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Chicago Botanic Garden - Admission is always free.
- Chicago Children's Museum - The first Sunday of every month admission is free from 10am to 5pm. Free admission all day for children under 15 and for Veterans and Active Duty Military.
- Chicago History Museum - Illinois residents can enjoy free admission every Tuesday from 12:30-9pm. Along with on these Commemorative Days: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, March 4th, and July 4th. Children under 18 along with active duty military and veterans receive free admission.
- Clarke House Museum - Admission is free daily.
- DePaul Art Museum - Admission is free daily.
- DuSable Museum of African American History - Children under 5 get in for free. Every Tuesday throughout the year, admission is also free.
- The Field Museum - January: 21st, February: Free every day, April: 5-7, May: 2nd, June: 26-28
- Lincoln Park Zoo - Admission is free daily.
- Loyola Univerisity Museum of Art - Throughout the year, admission is free every Tuesday.
- Museum of Contemporary Art - Year-round Illinois residents can get in for free on Tuesdays. Police, Fire, Miltary, and those under the age of 18 get free admission daily.
- Museum of Science and Industry - These days are free for Illinois residents: January: 7–10, 14–17, 21–24, 28–31, February:4–7, 11–14, 19–21, 25–28. More days will be announced for free days in June.
- National Museum of Mexican Art - Admission is free daily.
- National Veterans Art Museum - Admission is free daily.
- The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum - While technically admission is free daily to Illinois residents, a suggested donation does help keep the museum up and running.
- Shedd Aquarium - January: 17-21, February 1, 4-8, 11-15, 18-22, 25-28.
- Smart Museum of Art - Admission is always free.