6 Things You Cannot Throw in The Garbage in Illinois
Looking to make a spring/summer clean up at home? There are a few things that cannot be tossed to the curb with your other garbage. Here are six things that are illegal to throw away in Illinois! ILLINOISGOV
I hope you don't really have these items just laying around, but who knows...Maybe you do! There's rules to the garbage, people...Pay attention.
There are items that are illegal to throw away with the rest of the garbage, in the state of Illinois. I think for the most part we "should" be ok with this list...but better to be safe than sorry.
- Lead Acid Batteries - Your old car battery shouldn't just be thrown into the garbage
- Used Tires - Allow your tire retailer to dispose of your used tires for you.
- Motor Oil - Some (not all) service stations and recycling centers accept used oil.
- Construction Debris - Doing some remodeling over Christmas break? Make sure you deposit what you tore out, correctly.
- White Goods (meaning appliances) - If you were one of those guys that thought it was hilarious to buy a new dishwasher for your wife for Christmas (are you still alive) it's important to dispose of the old appliances to right way.
- Household Hazardous Waste - This includes items like paint, cleaners, oils, pesticides, and batteries.
10 Things You'll Never Find in Illinois No Matter How Hard You Try
29 'Unofficial' Food Rules People of Illinois Agree On
How Many of These Undesirable Nicknames for Illinois Towns Have You Heard?