Northern Illinois Will Be Booming With 3 Days of Fireworks Shows to Enjoy
Thanks to the 4th of July falling on a Monday this year, we not only get a 3-day weekend, but we get 3 days of fireworks shows to check out too!
Do You Love Fireworks?
I will admit that I have a love/hate relationship with fireworks.
I HATE when my husband goes and blows a bunch of money on things that will probably blow his hand off.
I LOVE listening to patriotic music and drinking beer while watching the beautiful colors erupt in the sky above me.
I HATE seeing all the "are those gunshots?" posts on neighborhood apps and Facebook groups during Independence Day weekend.
I LOVE seeing my kids' faces while they watch a fireworks show.
I HATE the bugs that try to eat me while sitting outdoors enjoying a fireworks show.
Despite all my mixed emotions toward fireworks, I know that celebrating America's freedom would just not be the same without them, so off to watch them we must go.
2022 Guide to Fireworks Show in the Stateline Area
Whenever I'm on the hunt for a good list of family-friendly things going on in the area, Stateline Kids is usually my first stop. They have a large list of fireworks shows happening this weekend in the Rockford and Southern Wisconsin area, but here are the ones that the most people have been asking us about:
- Kirkland 4th of July Celebration Friday, July 1 through Monday, July 4 - Enjoy 4 full days of patriotic fun at Franklin Township Park that includes live entertainment, a tractor show, a parade, and a massive fireworks show on Monday, July 4. See the full schedule of events, here.
- Rochelle 4th of July Fest, Saturday, July 2nd - The fun kicks off with a parade at 11 a.m., but the real party at Cooper Park begins at 5 p.m. with music and fireworks at dusk. Free to attend.
- Davis Junction Fireworks and Movies in the Park, Sunday, July 3rd - Fireworks will begin at dusk at Community Park and will be followed by the movie Sing 2. The event is free to attend, but make sure you bring your own blanket and chairs. There will also be concessions available for purchase.
- Winnebago Fireworks, Sunday, July 3rd - Fireworks will take place at Winnebago High School's football field and will begin at 9 p.m./dusk. Free to attend. Winnebago's 4th of July parade will begin at 10 a.m. on Monday, July 4th.
- City of Beloit Fireworks at ABC Supply Stadium, Monday, July 4th - The gates at ABC Supply Stadium will open with free admission at 6 p.m. and a patriotic concert with the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra will take place before the fireworks show at 9 p.m.
- Rockford Fireworks at Davis Park, Monday, July 4th - Gates at Davis Park will open at 4 p.m. with a $5 admission price to enter, (kids 5 and under are free). Food and drink vendors will be on hand. There will also be free games and activities for kids, live entertainment, and fireworks kicking off at dusk. (The gates at Davis Park will close at 9:15 p.m.)
- Cherry Valley Fireworks at Baumann Park, Monday, July 4th - Cherry Valley's 4th of July celebration will begin with a parade at 1 p.m. starting at Village Hall. Kids are encouraged to decorate bikes and ride in the parade. Fireworks will begin at dusk/9:30 p.m. and are free to attend.
- Durand 4th of July Festival, Monday, July 4th - Durand hosts a full day of fun that starts with a 5K at 8 a.m., a parade at 4 p.m., a bags tournament at 5:30 p.m., and fireworks at dusk! See the full list of events and locations, here.
As I mentioned earlier, this is just a highlight of all the fun things happening this Independence Day weekend in the 815 and 608. If you have a 4th of July event we need to know about, just send us a message on the app right now!
25 Rockford(ish) Spots For Cool Sweet Treats When It's Stupid Hot Outside
Eight of the Craziest Airbnb Homes in Illinois You Can Rent Today