10 Single Word Illinois Town Names, That Will Make You do a Double Take
What's in a name, a town name? Is there rich historical value behind a town named "Boody?" With a population just over 200, I'm saying no.
If you are looking for some great places in state to visit, I have ten of them I'd like to recommend.
Here are 10 "Single Word" Illinois towns that will make you do a "Double Take" on just the name. Seriously, who comes up with these names? QCTimes
- Birds - You live in "Birds," that is weird to say
- Normal - I know people there, they are far from that
- Oblong - So descriptive
- Muddy - Dirty people?
- Sandwich - I've been there, now I'm hungry
- Ransom - So the towns economy...
- Wyoming - Wrong turn, dude.
- Golf - Police Department, Post Office, Train Station...don't blink
- Boody - The best name for sure
- Hometown - Is that like calling your dog "Stay?"
There are plenty more, and "Bone Gap" (two words) absolutely my favorite Illinois town name.