Woodstock Woman Injured After Mistaking Firework for Candle
After attending a gathering Saturday night in Antioch, a 30-year-old Woodstock woman was injured after she mistook a firework for a candle. According to the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, someone else had brought the firework to the Saturday get-together. But this woman picked it up, thought it was a candle, and lit it. She seriously injured her hand in the explosion. Along with injuring herself, another adult and a child were also injured. They, however, were treated at the scene.
The sheriff’s office did not say what type of firework it was, but they did describe it as multicolored and the size of “a quarter-stick of dynamite.” The 28-year-old, also from Woodstock, who allegedly brought the firework to the gathering has been charged with child endangerment and reckless conduct.
It is not known if both Woodstock residents know one another.
Subscribe to 96.7 The Eagle on