Top Spots to Grab Corned Beef and Cabbage in Rockford
For some it's not St. Patty's day till they've had their green beer or two, but for me it's all about the corned beef!
I grew up eating corned beef and cabbage every St. Patrick's Day. So I was pretty bummed to find out my dude doesn't share my same love of the salty brisket. This then started a new tradition between my sister and I, where we go out to dinner and enjoy our favorite St. Patty's Day meal.
We try to go to a different restaurant every year and because of that (and some help from friends) I have a list of the top places to grab the holiday staple this Saturday:
- Murphy's Pub - 510 S Perryville Rd, Rockford, IL 61108
- Oscar's Pub and Grill - 5980 E State St, Rockford, IL 61108
- Scoop's Steam Powered Subs and Deli - 117 N 4th St, Oregon, IL 61061
- Crazy Times Pub & Grub - 1520 Glen Forest Dr, Machesney Park, IL 61115
- GreenFire Restaurant Bar & Bakery - 6795 E Riverside Blvd, Rockford, IL 61114
- Der Ratheskeller - 1132 Auburn St, Rockford, IL 61103
- Jax Pub - 4160 N Perryville Rd, Loves Park, IL 61111
- Irish Rose Saloon - 519 E State St, Rockford, IL 61104
- Johnny Pamcakes - 3700 E State St, Rockford, IL 61108
- The Hope and Anchor English Pub - 5040 N 2nd St, Loves Park, IL 61111
Classic Rock Show Down Episode 3: