The Eagle’s Secret Tips For IceHogs Games
The Rockford IceHogs have their home opener this weekend and if you plan on checking out some games this season, here are some helpful hints to really enjoy the experience.
I can't believe it's hockey season already. I really think it's one of the great things we have going for us in Rockford.
I've worked for the team for several years, so I know a lot about attending games down at the BMO Harris Bank Center. Here are some special tips if you plan on going to a game this year.
The Eagle's Secret Tips For Attending Rockford IceHogs Games
- The internet is your friend. Check out icehogs.com and social media.
- Get tickets a few days in advance at box office to avoid lines and extra fees.
- There are strict rules on want you can and can't bring in. Look at it before you come down to stay away from any hassles.
- Make sure you get there early on giveaway nights because they run out fast.
- There is a special entrance for fans with BMO Harris Bank debit/credit cards.
- Stop at the fan zone at the top of the escalators because there are a lot of free contests and giveaways you can sign up for.
- Cowbell is the preferred method for cheering on the team.
- If you don't own any IceHogs gear, it's okay to wear Chicago Blackhawks.
- Walk around the arena. There are a lot of cool displays to check out. Plus, lots of tasty choices for food and beverages.
- When the puck is in play, don't get up from your seat or go back to it. Wait for a stop in action.
- The players you are watching now could be playing for the Blackhawks tomorrow.
- Learn the chants and join in.
I had a chance to talk to Mike Peck from the IceHogs about the upcoming season. We discussed the home opener, this year's team, and fun things going. if you missed it, please check it out right now.
Video: Mike Peck from the Rockford IceHogs with a preview of the 2017-2018 Season.
I hope these tips help you enjoy your IceHogs experience a little bit better.
Here are some more IceHogs related videos.
Video: Rockford IceHogs celebrate the anniversary of winning the Colonial Cup
Video: IceHogs read Good Night Moon
Video: How well do IceHogs know Classic Rock part 1
Video: How well do IceHogs know Classic Rock part 2