Rockford Parents Should Do These 10 Things Since School’s Back
Here are 10 things that parents in Rockford should do now that school is back in session.
I think all of us parents can agree. It’s great to have the kids home for the summer, but when it’s time to go back to school. We are all ready for it.
Alice Cooper wrote the song, “School’s Out” for the kids. I always thought he should have written a follow-up song for the parents called “School’s Back From Summer.”
Now that the kids are back in school, I think it’s time for you to take that vacation day you’ve been saving and use it on yourself for a “me” day.
Now that you have a little bit of freedom. Here are 10 things you can do in Rockford, while the kids are in school.
- Sleep – Get those kids to the bus stop, then head back home for a nice long nap.
- Eat – Treat yourself to a good meal that you don’t have to cook or order through a speaker. No grilled cheese, mac n cheese, or nuggets.
- Watch – Enjoy whatever program you want to without having to worry about kids walking in. No cartoons. Maybe even go to an actual first run movie.
- Drink – How about some good old fashion day drinking?
- Shop – Can you imagine going somewhere and not being asked if it was time to leave yet over and over?
- Rock – Crank up your favorite non-boy band songs.
- Shower – Again being able to clean up in peace. A long bath is relaxing too.
- Clean – Clear out that mess that is called a child’s bedroom and finally get rid of all those old toys and clothes.
- Friends – Meet up with friends in the similar situation.
- Kiss – Time for some “alone” time with your significant other.
I hope you can a few minutes to enjoy coming up in the near future.
Video: Phil Collen from Def Leppard
Subscribe to 96.7 The Eagle on