Rockford Inmates Will Be Able To Use Tablets
Rockford inmates in the Winnebago County Jail will soon be able to use tablets.
When I think of someone being in jail, the movie Shawshank Redemption immediately comes to mind.
Video: The Shawshank Redemption - Trailer
Or maybe 48 Hours with Eddie Murphy.
Video: Eddie Murphy - Roxanne from 48 Hours
Well, that's not reality. Especially, nowadays.
According to wifr.com,
"The Winnebago County Public Safety Committee approved to provide tablets for inmates."
At first, I thought this wasn't a good idea. The inmates are in jail for a reason, so they shouldn't get luxuries like that.
I will try to be open minded, so I will look at their reasons why this would be a good thing.
- "Reduces inmate to officer assaults by almost 40 percent, 50 percent on inmate to inmate assaults and reduces suicide rates."
- "Provides inmates with educational training, support programs."
- "No cost to county taxpayers."
I can support the program if it can help.
- Reduces violence in jail.
- Provides education for inmates to be productive when they are released.
- No cost to taxpayers.
- Use of tablets is policed by guards.
What do you think about the tablet program?
Video: Double T Conquers his Fears and Learns to Ride a Horse
Video: Comedian Bob Zany with Zany Report from 7/19/17