Places In The Rockford Area To Visit On Veteran’s Day
November 11th is Veteran’s Day, so here are some things to check out in our community.
It is very important for us to honor our Veterans, so take a little time with family and friends on Saturday to appreciate this special day.
Here are some places in the Rockford area to visit on Veteran’s Day.
- Veteran’s Memorial Hall “Dedicated to our Veterans of all wars.” – Located in downtown Rockford.
- LZ Peace Memorial “Place to honor those Veterans who served our country during war and peace times.” – Located at Midway Village.
- Field of Honor Veterans Memorial “Honoring Veterans of all wars of the 20th century.” – Anderson Peace Park near Loves Park City Hall.
- World War II era tank and memorial garden “For Veterans of foreign wars.” – VFW John Hugo Kaiser Post 1461 in Belvidere.
- Navy Ship Anchor from USS Tuscaloosa “Honoring Naval Force Veterans in Winnebago County.” – Beattie Park in downtown Rockford.
- Civil War Soldier Statue – “Monument for area Veteran who served in the Civil War.” – Located in downtown Rockford.
If you run into any Veterans, please make sure to thank them.
Video: Making Mrs. Fisher’s Cookies at Bella Luna Bakery
Subscribe to 96.7 The Eagle on