Machesney Park Woman Injured From Exploding E-Cigarette
I'm not sure what's worse in this case, the actual e-cigarette or having one explode in your face?
Over the last couple of years, we've seen more and more people using e-cigarettes as a way to quit smoking or at least cut back. But to be honest, I don't think I've ever seen anyone successfully use one to quit smoking. Most people I know stay on the e-cigarette or just go back to regular cigarettes.
I've also read the articles warning those who use the e-cigarette of smoking called "popcorn lung" if they're heavy e-cigarette users.
One local woman just found out the hard way about another side effect of vaping, one may not have thought of before.
On Monday, the Winnebago County Sheriff's office reported to mystateline.com that a Machesney Park woman had her electric cigarette explode in her face. Police say the woman went into The Vapor Shop, 631 Harlem Rd. Machesney Park, to have the lithium battery replaced. The first puff she took after the battery was replaced cause the electronic cigarette to explode in her face.
The woman, who has not been named, suffered an injury to the lower part of her face. Which included her losing one of her teeth. She was taken to the hospital, but no other information on her condition is known.
The explosion also caused a small fire to start on the store counter. Thankfully the store owner was able to put that out with a fire extinguisher.
I can't help but think this story could be used as a PSA to quit smoking, both regular and e-cigarettes. As someone who hasn't had a cigarette in 8 years, I can't tell you how much better I feel because of it.
Plus if you do quit you won't have to worry about something possibly exploding in your face!