Look Behind The Scenes Of Working In A Halloween Store
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work in a Halloween store?
I have been out and about in Rockford a lot lately.
Even if I didn't own a calendar, I could easily tell what time of year it is, Halloween.
There are seasonal stores all over town.
I wonder what it would be like to work in one of those places. It seems like it could be a fun job.
According to thisisinsider.com,
"What it's really like to work in a Halloween store and things can get seriously scary."
- You never know what your hours are. - It's definitely not a 9am - 5pm job.
- Customers aren't always the most respectful. - Places like this are basically a free for all for shoppers.
- For some, working one season is enough. - I believe burn out is a big factor for this gig.
- It's harder than you think. - Lots of stocking and organizing.
- Customers oftentimes make huge messes. - Each night at closing time, the store looks like a hurricane ran through it.
- You definitely need thick skin. - Going out to find the right costume is very stressful, especially for your child. Customers are crabby and store workers get grumpy.
- It can be great for people that love Halloween. - If you love the holiday, how could you not enjoy being up close and personal to it all month?
- It can also be kind of fun. - To see the smile when someone finds the perfect costume is a great feeling.
- People can definitely get on your nerves. - Anytime you put that many people together for the same purpose, it could easily get annoying.
- And yes, sometimes it's terrifying. - Strange things will happen and you will run into scary people.
Now, you can decide if this is something you would like to experience for yourself.
Video: Ghosts At Rockford's Veterans Memorial Hall with The Ghosthunter Dan Norvell Project