Is Rockford Quirky?
Quirky – characterized by peculiar or unexpected traits. Is that Rockford?
I came across and article, that labeled Milwaukee Wi as the “Quirkiest City in America”.
If you go through the list of reasons that Milwaukee is so quirky, according to ATLAS here are some of the reasons:
- The Bronze Fonz Statue
- Jones Island Poop Recycling Facility
- Chudnow Museum of Yesteryear
- Wisconsin Cheese Mart
- Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery
Those are pretty good, I mean who wouldn’t want a Bronze Fonz Statue in their hometown? So what about Rockford Quirks? Let’s see what we can come up with:
- The Symbol
- The Gum Factory
- The Haunted, and Historic Coronado Theatre
- Referred to at the “Screw Capital” of America
- Ranked my Golf Digest as one on the best golf cities in the country
Every city has their quirks, I think how truly special Rockford is, is amazing. Our hockey team is called The Rockford IceHogs, come on!
Subscribe to 96.7 The Eagle on