Ideas For A Rockford Labor Day Weekend Staycation
If you don't have enough money to take a big trip during Labor Day Holiday Weekend, then how about a Rockford staycation.
Every year, I say I'm going to take a trip for Labor Day. Unfortunately, after a long fun summer along with back to school expenses, the funds aren't there to do it.
Instead of sitting around doing nothing, I thought it might be nice to do a "staycation."
If you're not familiar with the term, according to merriam-webster.com,
"Definition of staycation, a vacation spent at home or nearby."
There are plenty of things to do in the Rockford area to have an enjoyable time.
Here are some Rockford staycation ideas.
- Off The Waterfront Block Party - A festival downtown with live music, food, and adult beverages.
- Summerfield Zoo - In Belvidere, they just opened a new river otter exhibit.
- Stay in a hotel for a night - Pretend you're somewhere exotic. Hang out at the pool. Order room service.
- Go Camping - Spend time in the outdoors. You can hike, fish, cook out, and more.
- Labor Day Parade - Who doesn't love free candy.
- Bruce Munro: Light - At Nicholas Conservatory. An amazing night exhibit to add to an already beautiful place.
- Beloit Farmer's Market - They've done a great job fixing up downtown Beloit and this event is part of the reason.
- Galena - Go antiquing and check out some specialty shops.
- Throttlefest - Festival at Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee
- Last Fling Naperville - Labor Day tradition with great live music.
Have a great Labor Day Staycation.
Video: 10 Tough Questions Answered About Steph