How To Make Sure You’re Not Being Scammed
If you're not sure something is a scam, here's how to avoid it.
I've noticed you really have to be extra careful. Scams are coming at me through so many different ways including the phone, internet, mail, and people going door-to-door just to name a few.
How do I know what to trust?
Thanks to the Macon County Sheriff's Office (located in Decatur, Illinois) Facebook page, here are some things to watch out for.
- Are you being asked or pressured for money?
- Never send cash to anyone through the mail, UPS, or Fed EX.
- Never give personal information to someone you don't know.
- Never pay for unfinished work.
- Never sign anything you don't understand.
- If you receive a scam call, just hang up.
- Don't be afraid to ask for advice from a local law enforcement agency.
If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
Video: Classic Rock Smackdown - We Love Daxx Nielsen, Good Luck on The T.V.!