Celebrating National Potato Day In Rockford
National Potato Day is August 19th and here's how to celebrate in Rockford.
This is one of those bizarre holidays that I can actually enjoy. I'm talking about National Potato Day on August 19th.
I definitely have some favorite types of potatoes that I like to eat.
To celebrate, I think I just might do a "Potato Crawl." It's kind of like a bar crawl, but with potatoes.
Here's where I would hit. These are my favorite kinds of potatoes and where I like to eat them.
- Cheese Fries at Spanky's - Anytime you can go with cheese on your fries, it's all good in my book. I like Spanky's because they pile the cheese on.
- Potato Skins at The Olympic - When I go out to eat, the first thing I check is to see if the place serves skins. The Olympic's are tasty.
- Tator Tots at Alchemy - Any tater tot is good, but Alchemy serves them like nachos. They get my approval.
- Baked Potato at Hoffman House - It's the perfect combo with prime rib and their salad bar. It's old school good.
- Mashed Potatoes at Stockholm Inn - If I go there for lunch or dinner, I'm going to order the hot turkey sandwich. The mound of mashed potatoes is awesome.
Potatoes are one of those things that I try to make at home, but they never taste as good as a restaurant.
What's your favorite type of potato and where do you like to order it?
Video: Miles Nielsen