Celebrate First Day Of Summer In Rockford
Ways to celebrate the first official day of summer this Wednesday in Rockford.
I can't believe it's already here. The first official day of summer is this Wednesday. Since I'm always looking for a reason to have a good time.
Here are things to do in Rockford to celebrate the first day of summer.
- Swimming - There's nothing better than being in a pool on a hot summer day. If you don't have your own, there are plenty of public pools in the Rockford area.
- Spray Pad - If you don't have a sprinkler to run through, this is even better. They are located in parks throughout Rockford.
- Water Balloons - Always a special summer treat. An old fashion water balloon fight is so much fun.
- Slip 'N Slide - I don't care if you'r an adult or kid, it will make you smile.
- Water Gun Fights - They are so much better now with the invention of the super soaker. Old squirt guns were so hard to fill.
- Wakeboarding - Something for people who want more adventure.
- Water Park - Taking the day to the next level.
- Paddleboarding - A new way to take on the Rock River.
- Rockford Millenium Fountain - Free wet fun in the fountain.
- Beach - Hitting the beach will help keep you cool.
Video: How well do IceHogs Know Classic Rock, Part II