2018 Rockford Area Sweet Corn Challenge: Vote Now!
It's official, local sweet corn stands are popping up along city and rural roads throughout the Stateline. Yum!! Help us out...we want to know, who grows and sells the best sweet corn in Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin?
You know the old phrase "knee high by the fourth of July?" With the massive June rains, we had corn "over the top of your head" high on the 4th of July, which should translate into another bumper sweet corn crop this year.
Sweet corn season runs through mid-September here in the Stateline and, in my opinion, the 'best of the best' locally grown sweet corn can be purchased between the final week of July through mid August.
Locally grown and sold corn is the best, so we want to know who has this area’s best tasting sweet corn? Here are some of the sweet corn on the cob vendors you nominated back in 2017. We are looking for the best of 2018!
COMMENT BELOW AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE STATELINE SWEET CORN VENDOR
(If you don't see your favorite listed, comment and let us know and we'll add it to the list)
- Marengo: Cody’s Farm and Orchard
- Kirkland: Klock's on 1st street just south of Rt. 72
- Belvidere: Mundy’s farm on Genoa Rd.
- Roscoe: Skelly’s Farm Stand on Elevator Rd
- Durand: Hunt’s on Leech Road
- Clare: Bross Sweet Corn Stand on Rt 64 between Clare Rd and Schafer Rd (Mirai variety)
- Rochelle/Mendota: Dorn Acres sweet corn on Rt 251 and Rt 30 between Rochelle and Mendota
- Roscoe: Little Red Shed on Swanson Rd
- Capron: Allen Reimer Farm, Capron Road
- Poplar Grove: Corn Stand on Rt 173
- Rochelle: Fuller Farms ( Rt 251 and Rt 64 at Grubsteakers)
- Belvidere: farm at the intersection of Spring Creek and Rt. 76 Just North of the fairgrounds
- Elizabeth: Dittmar Farm
- Harvard: Twin Gardens Farms. Mirai sweet corn
- Marengo: Bartman’s Family Farm State Route 176 just east of Marengo (tie)
- Kingston: C & B Farms on 5 Points Rd
- Baileyville: Drake’s Rt 26 south of Freeport
- New Milford: Evans corn
- Kings: Farm name unknown, the location is across from the church after you cross the railroad tracks straight through town
- Garden Prairie: Suzie's garden Patch
- Durand: Dolan’s on Rt 75 east of Durand
- Winnebago: Dorn's at the Winnebago Mobil
- Sleepy Hollow: Randy's vegetables
- Clinton, WI: Crawford Corn
- Hampshire: Prairie View farm stand on Rt 72
- Belvidere: Klock's Across Bowling Alley
- Maple Park: Theis Farm on County Line Road
- Rainwaters on Rt 251 & Twombley rd
- Durand: Logan’s Farm
- Kingston: C & B Farms 5 Points Rd
- Rochelle: Rainwaters corn on Hwy 251 North of Rochelle
- Uncle Carl’s on Rt 76 and Spring Creek
- Oregon: Canfield’s
- Garden Prairie: Susie’s Garden Patch
- Rockford: Landscaping Connection, corner of Linden and Mulford
- Blackmer’s corn downtown Cherry Valley
- The Barn, at 3742 Genoa Rd, at the intersection of Huber Rd
- Maple Park: Wiltse’s in Maple Park Rt 38 (East of DeKalb)
- Rural Boone County: Papa's Sweet Corn at the corner of Free Church and Manchester Roads
- Dixon: Rod and Buzzy Baker Farm
- Durand: Hunts on Lee Rd
- Pecatonica: ByBee's Farm
- Stillman Valley: Beehmers
- Hebron: Von Bergan's farm
- Clinton WI: Crawford Farm
- Elgin: Klein's farm market.
- Milton, WI - Murphy's sweet corn
Samples are always welcome here at the radio station. Comment below and tell us who has the BEST sweet corn in the Stateline?
VOTING ENDS ON Thursday at 11:59pm. We'll reveal your results on FRIDAY August 3rd!