13 Things To Avoid In Rockford On Friday The 13th
Do you suffer from Paraskevidekatriaphobia or Triskaidekaphobia? If so, you might want to stay away from these 13 things in Rockford.
This year, October 13th falls on a Friday. For some people, Friday the 13th is bad enough, but having it happen in the month of October makes it even creepier.
I knew a guy in college who wouldn't leave his room on Friday the 13th because it freaked him out so bad. According to fearof.net, that's called "Paraskevidekatriaphobia, the fear of Friday the 13th."
My cousin will never use the number 13 for anything. He won't stay on the 13th floor or sit in the 13th row or seat. That's called "Triskaidekaphobia, the fear of the number 13."
I'm not superstitious, but I know plenty of people who are. If you ever get to meet any of the Rockford IceHogs players, ask them if they are. A lot of hockey have superstitions.
If Friday the 13th frightens you, here are 13 things you should avoid from college.usatoday.com.
- Black Cats - Then plan on not coming over to my house. I have a black cat named Sabby (short for Black Sabbath).
- New Shoes - Plan your trip to Shoe Carnival for Saturday and you should be good.
- Spiders - I think all of us that live in Rockford are in trouble with this one. I have them all over the outside of my house.
- Umbrellas - I just checked the forecast, no rain. Just to make sure, you might want to refrain from listening to the song "Umbrella" from Rihanna.
- Birds - Not gonna happen. They are over the state line. Maybe it will help if you don't park under a tree, so they can't poop on your car.
- Cracks - Stay away from "certain areas" of Rockford.
- Ladders - I don't know about you, but this one is easy for me. Ladder means working hard and I try to avoid that at all costs.
- Number 13 - Don't take that old Johnny Knox Chicago Bear jersey out to wear.
- Tables - I enjoy eating dinner on the couch watching TV, so I'm safe.
- Salt - It will be good for your health.
- Mirrors - This worries me because how am I going to style my hair.
- Cemetaries - Hanging at a cemetery on Friday 13th in October. No thank you. I think I can find something better to do.
- The Day Itself - Sounds good to me. Call in sick and binge watch a bunch of the Friday the 13th movies on Netflix.
I hope that helps you get through the day.
Does Friday the 13th frighten you? Do you have any superstitions?
Video: National Can Crushing Day